The book provides guidance on:
- the layers and elements of CC licenses, with clear explanations on how they interact;
- reusing, revising, and remixing;
- how to acknowledge the underlying work in a remix;
- techniques for locating works in the public domain and communicating their value;
- supporting learners’ access to a wide array of open knowledge resources in primary, secondary, and higher education;
- assessing institutional policies for open education, plus advice on revising these policies;
- ways to adapt existing openly licensed materials in order to keep your institution’s knowledge base relevant and up to date;
- how to meet the open licensing requirements increasingly present in government and foundation grants and contracts; and
- hundreds of authoritative resources for additional learning.
This book is available in print at the ALA Store, or the CC BY licensed PDF can be downloaded from the CC certificate resources page.