- This event has passed.
PCF9 – Call for Abstracts and Proposals
7th January 2019 - 15th April 2019
Proposals are invited from academics, researchers, technology innovators, development practitioners, COL stakeholders and partner institutions to submit proposals for presentations within the scope of the theme and sub-themes of PCF9. The Forum will have the following types of sessions:
- Paper Presentation: These are research papers, case studies, etc., from the participants that will be presented in parallel sessions. Presenters are encouraged to include interaction with participants during their presentations and one of the criteria for assessing abstracts will be the proposed plan to achieve interaction.
- Poster Presentation: There will be one Poster session, where all the Forum posters will be displayed.
- Workshop: This is a typical 3-hour session, where a presenter demonstrates the findings of a key research project or guides the participants to develop certain skills in a step-by-step manner. This would be a participant-proposed session and will be decided based on the relevance of the proposal to the Forum theme and sub-themes.
- Panel Discussion: This is a session of typically up to 90 minutes, where 3-4 presenters are identified as key participants and a moderator facilitates discussions. Proposals are submitted by the participants, and they identify the discussants. Normally, these are sessions where a conference partner and/or the proposer takes full responsibility.
- Marketplace: This is a place for one-to-one conversation with Forum participants, where you can demonstrate and talk about your technology, OER or innovative services and practices.
- Submission of Abstracts/Proposals: Monday April 15, 2019
- Notification of Acceptance: Tuesday April 30, 2019