“It’s official, the 2020 CC Global Summit, to be held 19-24 October 2020, will be entirely online and free of cost! After consulting with our community, we’ve also decided to hold the event in a variety of timezones and include programming in five languages: Arabic, English, French, Mandarin, and Spanish. By doing so, we hope this virtual version of the CC Global Summit will provide the open community with an intimate and localized space to gather and connect.” Pearce, 2020.
Proposals should address the topics and issues outlined in the tracks below with a focus on actionable insights and outcomes—from case studies to workshops and storytelling sessions.
- Creators of the Commons – The faces, work, and stories of those building the Commons
- Powering the Commons – Exploring the tools, technology, and communities that power the Commons
- Open Education and Open Scholarship – Supporting communities that practice open access to education and scholarship
- Open Galleries, Libraries, Archives, and Museums – Improving and expanding open access to cultural heritage
- Policy and Advocacy promoting the Commons – Strategies for legal action and copyright reform